Project Vision | Location Profile
DHOLERA is situated in Ahmedabad district in the Gulf of Khambhat
Dholera is in proximity with the coastal line. It is covered by water faces on three sides, namely, on the east face by Gulf of Khambhat, on the north side by Bavaliari creek and on southern side by Sonaria creek Proximity to Ahmedabad has provided Dholera a strong locational advantage with a vibrant manufacturing base and investment scenario.
Proximity to Ahmedabad has provided Dholera a strong locational advantage with a vibrant manufacturing base and investment scenario
The project is spread over an area of 35,000 hectares. The processing area which is proposed is 14,000 hectares and rest is non- processing zone
Location: Dholera Special Investment Region
- Strategically located, the Ahmedabad-Dholera industrial region lies within 100 km from the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) in Central Gujarat
- National Highway 8 connects the Dholera Special Investment Region with Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar and Mumbai. Dholera itself has good connectivity with National Highway (NH) 8 (Anand) and 8A (Bagodra), augmenting Bagodra -Bhavnagar, Bagodra- Surendranagar- Radhanpur links
- As a part of Golden Quadrilateral, the 500 km Mumbai- Ahmedabad- Vadodara Express way connects the region
- In order to make the region more assessable, an airport and a port are proposed in this region.
- The port site is proposed to be connected by road with Ahmedabad – Bhavnagar highway at a distance of about 11 kilometres. Almost 2,057 hectares of Government land was allocated for the development of port site
- Rail connection is being planned for Dholera, while the nearest meter gauge connection is Bhavnagar (34 km) and the nearest broad gauge station is Tarapur (103 km)
Distance of DSIR from important cities
- Important CitiesDistance (in km)