Vision for DMIC
The vision for DMIC is to create strong economic base with globally competitive environment and state-of-the-art infrastructure to activate local commerce, enhance foreign investments and attain sustainable development.
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is to be conceived as a Model Industrial Corridor of international standards with emphasis on expanding the manufacturing and services base and develop DMIC as the ‘Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub’.
Delhi - Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
- DMIC: a high impact industrial area within 150 km distance on both side of the DFC
- Area under Influence- 14% & Population- 17% of the Country
- Total Population: 173.4 Million
- Total Workers: 68.36 Million
- Total 82 Districts of Six States within the Influence Area (excluding MP)
- 25 industrial nodes have been proposed along the DMIC
The Government of india is setting up a multi-modal Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) between Delhi and Mumbai. Out of the total 1483 kms of the length of DFC, 38% is falling in Gujarat. The area of 150 kms on the both sides of the DFC will be developed as DMIC. It will be a high impact industrial corridor.
DMIC is to be developed as a Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub of India supported by world class infrastructure and enablining policy framework, It will become "the engine for economic resurgence of the coutry"
DMIC Project Goals:
Double the employment potential in five years (14.87% CAGR) Triple industrial output in five years (24.57% CAGR) Quadruple exports from the region in five years(31.95% CAGR)
DMIC in Guajrat:
Dholera SIR to be the most prime location...
- 62% of the total area of Guajrat covered
- 18 out of 26 District within the influence Area
- Major cities on DMIC:Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat
- 1/3rd of total investment will be in Guajrat
- Estimated employment: 8 lacs
- Gujarat's ports to cater to foreign & hinterland markets
- World class connectivity between the Ports, nodes & DFC
- Six logistics parks being developed along the DFC
Dholera SIR is the first such node, taken up for developement by the Government of Gujarat.